Mouthwash can be beneficial to your teeth if you are using the right products. Many brands of mouthwashes aim only to conceal bad breath, and not actively fight the bacteria that cause bad breath. Some brands can go a step further and provide ingredients that shield your teeth from tooth decay and cavities. It’s important to know which brands can do which, and the many benefits these mouthwashes can provide.
Below is a list of hints about therapeutic mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
– Mouthwash helps prevent and fight the effects of tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can fight halitosis (harmful bacteria that causes bad breath) and can freshen your breath.
– Depending on the ingredients, some mouthwashes can even brighten teeth.
– Mouthwash can prevent tartar from forming. Tartar occurs when plaque hardens around the teeth. Tartar buildup can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
Be careful not only to look for cosmetic mouthwashes but therapeutic ones as well. The best mouthwashes are ones that not only can freshen your breath, but also fight bacteria, tooth decay, and gum disease. Always look for products that have the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
An oft-forgotten oral hygiene tool at your disposal, mouthwash can reach places that brushing and flossing alone may miss. For more helpful hygienic habits, please schedule an oral exam and professional cleaning with Hansen Dental Care. For more detailed services, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Robert E. Hansen Jr., DDS. We can be reached via phone at 626-793-2273, or by stopping by at our location in Pasadena, California. Stop by and conquer bad breath today!