With Valentine’s Day close at hand, increased risks to your teeth and gums will be present. Amidst the scents of rose petals in the air, and chocolate sweets aplenty, don’t forget to protect your teeth and gums at all times to ensure that not only is the holiday a true success but that your teeth and gums will be able to enjoy it for years to come.
Protect your smile. Here are some oral health care tips during days of celebration:
– Avoid sweet treats: Sugary-sweet drinks and treats can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Avoid oral accidents: Watch out for oversized chocolate bars or hard candies as they may chip or crack your teeth. When it comes to sweets, never bite off more than you can chew.
– Choose sweets carefully: Replace chewy, sour, and hard candies with better options such as chocolate or sugarless gum. Look for sugarless gum with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make a plan: If you prepare in advance for your oral health care, you are less likely to suffer setbacks or overindulge on days of celebration or merrymaking.
– Schedule a visit: Always set aside time each year for oral exams and professional cleanings from our dentists at Hansen Dental Care at our office in Pasadena, California.
Your oral health care should remain an integral part of your lifestyle all year long. For special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, extra care and attention should be given to your teeth and gums. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Robert E. Hansen Jr., DDS, please call our office at 626-793-2273. We make smiles brighter!