Did you ever wonder how well you are doing with your oral hygiene? Is there anything you could be doing that hasn’t crossed your mind? Take the following oral health care assessment quiz to improve your oral hygiene habits and keep your mouth smiling for years to come:
– Do you avoid foods that can chip, fracture, split, or crack your teeth? This includes corn on the cob, hard candies, candy apples, chicken bones, olive pits, and many others.
– Do you always wear safety gear when completing a task that puts your smile at risk? This includes contact sports.
– Do you fight bad breath (halitosis) by using mouthwash after meals and brushing your tongue when you brush your teeth?
– Do you avoid oral health care catastrophes like smoking and chewing tobacco?
– Do you avoid dangerous drugs and medications that can cause tooth decay?
– Do you always store your toothbrush in a safe container that is upright and aired out to avoid contamination?
– Do you schedule oral exams frequently with Hansen Dental Care and always attend your bi-annual professional cleanings?
– Do you only use oral health care products that have been approved by your dentist or have the ADA Seal of Acceptance from the American Dental Association?
– Do you brush your teeth at least twice daily and floss at least once daily using proper cleaning techniques?
Yes = 1 point No = 0 points
1-4 points: Your oral health could be suffering from bad oral hygiene habits.
5-9 points: Your oral health may not be a disaster, but there is still room for improvement.
10 points: Your oral health looks to be headed in the optimum direction. Well done!
How well did you do? If you would like to speak with Dr. Robert E. Hansen Jr., DDS and our team about scheduling an oral examination or bi-annual professional cleaning, please call our dentist office in Pasadena, California, at 626-793-2273. Let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile!