Have you effectively been employing dental floss to keep your teeth and gums clean? Even if you brush your teeth twice a day as you’re supposed to, it will not be enough to keep your smile completely safe from harm. This is because brushing alone cannot reach the areas between teeth. Thus, dental floss needs to be used. Listed below are helpful tips to remember for adequate flossing technique:
– Use an 18-inch strand of thread for each flossing session.
– Speak with your dentist for effective product recommendations and suggestions.
– Use dental floss that is shred-resistant or use an alternative interdental cleaner such as a water flosser, which uses a beam of water instead of thread.
– Focus on flossing between every tooth and the back row. A standard session should take between 2 to 3 minutes per day.
– Never use the same strand of thread more than once. In addition, never use the same section of a thread more than once.
– If using threaded floss, wrap each end around a finger on each hand for a firm grip and one in which you can move up and down the strand as needed.
Make sure to take diligent care of your teeth and gums so that your smile can last for ages. For more information about dental floss, or to schedule a comprehensive oral examination with Dr. Robert E. Hansen Jr., DDS and our team at Hansen Dental Care, give us a call at 626-793-2273. Our dentist office is suitably located in Pasadena, California.