Cavity prevention can often be one of the most important tasks you can undertake in order to keep your smile safe. Because cavities arise due to holes in your tooth enamel, it can be the result of the food you eat, the choices you choose or genetic predispositions. In order to ensure your smile has the greatest chance of success, always implement an effective cavity prevention plan as soon as possible. Here are some steps you need to take:
– If you wish to effectively prevent cavities, you may need to lower your risks by eating less unhealthy substances such as sugars and carbs.
– Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day with non-abrasive toothpaste. Flossing once a day is also beneficial for removing plaque buildup and debris between your teeth.
– Visit your dentist for routine checkups and oral examinations to ensure that dental erosion is not occurring.
– Non-abrasive products such as mouthwash and chewing gum are helpful for cleaning out your mouth after eating.
– Stay away from sticky or chewy foods that can linger on your teeth and gums long after eating them.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a fantastic smile with effective cavity prevention techniques, schedule an appointment with Hansen Dental Care at our dentist office in Pasadena, California by calling 626-793-2273. Dr. Robert E. Hansen Jr., DDS and the rest of our team look forward to seeing you.
You Might Also Enjoy...
If you have pain when you chew, you may be experiencing issues because of missing teeth, gum disease or cavities.
Typically, if you ever feel any aches or pains in your body, it’s very likely linked to some sort of damage or condition that has occurred.
If you are unfamiliar with bruxism, it is a term that refers to a subconscious oral health condition that causes you to grind or clench your teeth during sleep.
The outer tooth enamel layer on each of your teeth is composed of dense mineral structures. This is what allows you to safely bite and chew food.
You may know about pregnancy tumors, but they’re most likely different than what you’d expect. With a tiny bit of help from our team, you can foil or treat pregnancy tumors, depending on your oral health.